Full and part time Animal Welfare Friends Internships are designed to offer interns the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge, basic skills, and hands on experience caring for cats and dogs. In addition, interns will gain valuable experience in skilled care and basic medical observation. This program is particularly useful for individuals interested in the animal care field.
- Work closely with staff to ensure proper feeding, housing, and oversight of animals.
- Help develop and follow behavioral and medical plans set by animal care reps and vet staff.
- Enter info into animal database as needed.
- Assist in the monitoring health and behavior of animals.
- When appropriate, respond to visitor inquiries.
- Candidates must be 16 years of age.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Comfortable working with diverse population of animals and people.
- Passion for exceptional animal care.
- Comfortable learning new computer programs and familiarity with PC use.
- Able to commit to a part time or full time schedule based on availability. Suggested time periods may be:
- January through May
- May through August
- August through December
- Able to bend, stoop, squat, reach, push and lift moderately heavy objects.
- No allergic conditions which would be aggravated by animals in AWF care.
This internship is unpaid, but we are happy to coordinate efforts with any high school or post high school educational program. Upon successful completion of internship, participants will receive a certificate of completion and letter of recommendation.
For questions or to apply, please forward letter of application and resume to email@example.com