All of us at AWF would love to see more stray dogs and cats in Jones County returned to their families. But we need your help to do so.
The #1 thing you can do is to make sure your pet is wearing a collar with an I.D. tag attached. This tag should include your last name, address and phone number. If room on the tag permits, also include your pet’s name. But the most important information is your phone number. If you change your number, be sure and change your pet’s tag! It is also important to attach a rabies tag to your pet’s collar. The rabies tag provides the name and phone number of the vet that administered the vaccination—yet another way to find you if the I.D. tag comes loose from the collar. The third way to safeguard your pet is to make sure he or she is microchipped.
If you lose your pet, some search tips are:
- Call the AWF shelter at 319-975-8283.
- Call the Jones County Sheriff’s Office at 319-462-4371.
- Call the Anamosa Police Department at 319-462-4434.
- Call the Monticello Police Department 319-465-3525.
- Post your pet’s photo on social media (like Facebook) and share it to community pages (including ours!)
- Post flyers in your neighborhood and use a picture if possible.
- Call your neighbors to notify them of your loss and ask them to contact you if they see your pet.
- Contact any friends or family members who are close to your pet, but do not live with you. It’s not unheard of for pets to try and visit these people on their own.
If you find your pet, call us to notify us of the good news and so we can take it off of our Lost List.