We have no paid staff, so we are always in need of volunteers. AWF is still in existence today due to our dedicated volunteers and we’re always looking to add to that list. Whether you want to help once a month or every week, we have a job for you!
If you would like begin volunteering for AWF, please fill out our Volunteer Questionnaire!
Volunteers are needed for:
- Socializing/exercising animals at the Shelter
- Cleaning at the Shelter (training required)
- Covering the front desk during open hours (training required)
- Helping plan, setup, and run fundraisers & events
- Baking for bake sales
- Transporting animals to vet appointments & events
- Transporting donations
- Entering animal info into management systems
Please note that some volunteer opportunities at the shelter are limited to adults for safety reasons. Feel free to reach out for more details – and we will add more details here as we are able. Thank you!
Shelter Cleaning & Feeding Schedule
If you’ve been trained to help clean at the shelter, and are interested in signing up for a cleaning or feeding time slot, please do so on the shelter cleaning schedule!